FEA Engineer – Full-Time Opportunity
Job Title: FEA Engineer
Location: Houston Pressure and Sampling (HPS) Product Center, Schlumberger
Responsibilities: You will closely collaborate with Schlumberger design engineers in US and Europe. You will be performing FEA studies in technically challenging areas such as non-linear solid mechanics, metal plasticity, viscoelastic materials, shock, vibration, heat transfer, composites, and fluid/structure interactions. You will also need to present FEA results to various internal or external clients.
1. Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Engineering Mechanics with 3+ years’ industrial or postdoctoral experience; B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
2. In-depth understanding of continuum mechanics, nonlinear dynamics, plasticity, fracture mechanics, the finite element method, failure analysis, engineering design concepts, and materials engineering
3. Extensive experience in constitutive modeling of metallic and non-metallic materials and simulation of large-scale structures subjected to static or dynamic loads is desired. Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is preferred.
4. Solid knowledge of ABAQUS or Ansys is essential. Experience in other FEA codes is a plus.
5. Experience in scientific coding with FORTRAN, C or C++
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
7. Autonomous and creative approach towards challenging problems
Date of post: April 27, 2012. The opening is immediately available until filled.
To apply, please submit your resume and a list of 3 references to KLi2@slb.com
|FEA Engineer 2012.pdf||236.75 KB|